We just completed a 2-day schema.org-related hackathon at the Facebook headquarters. So much fun! It’s so cool seeing companies such as Microsoft, Google, Yandex, and Facebook* come together to code, experiment, and brainstorm on structured data/actions on the Web. Everyone cares about what’s best for the Web. We built prototypes and discussed interesting statistics about the state of Open Graph and schema.org on the Web today. Only good things can emerge from collaborative efforts like this one. And no… nothing concrete to announce!
The meeting room, in which we spent many many hours over the last couple of days, had the following quotes from industry leaders in frames on the wall, some of which I found interesting.
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work“, Thomas Edison (GE)
- “No company can be all things to all people and still win”, AG Lafley (P&G)
- “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary”, Donald Kendall (Pepsico)
- “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different”, Mlle. Chanel (CC)
- “Capital isn’t scarce. Vision is”, Sam Walton (Walmart)
- “You won’t find a solution by saying there is no problem”, William Hesketh Lever (Unilever)
- “What helps people, helps business”, Leo Burnett
- “Taking risks gives me energy”, Jay Chiat (TBWA\CHIAT\DAY)
- “Everything you need is already inside“, Bill Bowerman (Nike)
- “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning”, Bill Gates (Microsoft)
- “If you don’t make mistakes, you’re not reaching far enough”, David Packard (HP)
- “We’re all working together. That’s the secret“, Sam Walton (Walmart)
* Yahoo unfortunately didn’t manage to join this time around.